Jenkins Award winners named
The Warren Spahn Award Gala organizers announced this year’s winners of the Ferguson Jenkins Awards on Thursday.
The awards honor the state’s best baseball and softball players and coaches.
Baseball winners are Broken Arrow’s Jacob Evans, Carl Albert’s Taylor Hawkins, Stillwater’s Corey Hassel, Deer Creek’s Isaac Hellbusch and Edmond Santa Fe’s Ty Hensley.
Softball winners are Tulsa Union’s Nicole Brady, McAlester’s Taylor Dewberry, Edmond Santa Fe’s Madison Martin, Blanchard’s Leslie Miller and Tuttle’s Caitlin Sill.
Guthrie baseball coach Jon Chappell and Tulsa Union softball coach Jerry Pease won coaching honors.
The awards will be presented at the gala Jan. 26 at the Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame and Jim Thorpe Museum, the same ceremony where Dodgers starter Clayton Kershaw will be awarded the Warren Spahn Award.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 371Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 366Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 314OKC Thunder: Thunder stuck with worst-case scenario
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients