Mount St. Mary to honor Mike de la Garza at halftime of Friday's basketball game
Mount St. Mary will honor Mike de la Garza at halftime of its boys basketball game against Oklahoma Christian School on Friday.
De la Garza, who was inducted into the Oklahoma Coaches’ Association Hall of Fame last July, is a 1964 Mount St. Mary graduate. He began his coaching career as the Rockets’ boys basketball coach in 1969 before going on to coach at Edmond for more than 20 years.
He led the school to the 1993 state championship, and was Edmond Memorial’s athletic director when it took home its next boys basketball state title in 2011. He retired in May.
St. Mary will host a reception at 7 p.m. in the school’s Mollman Fitness Center for all of de la Garza’s former Rockets players and classmates.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22062Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13856Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 11034Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10900UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7641Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 7472Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6309Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5703Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5621Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5179Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients