Kooper Ruminer is the Super Bowl picks winner
Out of 28 high school football players who participated in my Super Bowl XLVI picks challenge, Deer Creek linebacker Kooper Ruminer is the only one who correctly picked the New York Giants’ winning score of 21-17.
The Giants were the underdog in these picks; 16 of the 28 guys who participated picked the New England Patriots to win. Besides Ruminer, those who picked the Giants to win were:
Joel Blumenthal (Deer Creek); Landry Chappell (Guthrie); Casey Curtis (Putnam City); James Flanders (Midwest City); Justice Hansen (Edmond Santa Fe); Ry Huff (Edmond Memorial); Blake Jarwin (Tuttle); Jared McElhany (Blanchard); Tyler Melton (Anadarko); Jesse Vester (Stillwater); Josh Way (Wayne).
A big thanks to everyone who participated. That was fun, and I plan to do it again next year. Although next year, I won’t wait until the night before to contact players! Hopefully in the future we have a lot more pickers.
Ruminer was No. 19 on The Oklahoman‘s first Super 30 for the Class of 2013, which ranks the top 30 college football prospects in the state. He led Deer Creek with 125 tackles and 10 sacks as a junior.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24367Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12839Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7010OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5994OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5476Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5061Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3886Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3822Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3626Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3264Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients