Video: Kelly Gregg talks about his NFL career, overcoming doubters
EDMOND — Kelly Gregg was back in his hometown Tuesday night to be honored at a halftime ceremony during Edmond North’s boys’ basketball game.
Gregg’s Jersey No. 71 was retired by the school.
The longtime NFL veteran and former Oklahoma Sooner said he hasn’t officially announced it yet, but will likely retire after spending the 2011-12 season with the Kansas City Chiefs. He spent the vast majority of his career with the Baltimore Ravens.
After Tuesday’s ceremony, he talked about his high school career, his pro career and using his doubters as motivation in a video.
A note about the video: During the ceremony, it was announced that Gregg had the longest NFL career of any former Sooner, and I asked him about it on the video. After doing some research, that isn’t exactly correct. The length of time from when his career began to when it ended is the longest, but he spent a couple years on Baltimore’s practice squad and wasn’t an active-roster player. Tony Casillas played more seasons on an active NFL roster.Jason Kersey
Follow me on Twitter @jasonkersey
Friend me on Facebook
Videoview all videos
Feb 15The school honored 1995 graduate Kelly Gregg during a...
Photoview all photos
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10710Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10389Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10187Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9807Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6458Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4074Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4073Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3712OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3641Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3479How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients