Class A girls state quarterfinals notebook
FREE THROWS MAKE DIFFERENCE FOR OKARCHE
Okarche’s girls made 14 of 19 free throw attempts in Thursday’s 48-36 Class A quarterfinal win over Stonewall.
Stonewall, by comparison, got to the line just four times, making all of them.
“That was our plan,” said Okarche coach Cherie Myers. “We wanted to attack them; we thought we could have some success doing that in the lane.”
Freshman post Madison Lee, who led all scorers with 17, made eight of her 10 free throw attempts.
CHATTANOOGA’S MCBRIDE HAS KNEE SCARE
Chattanooga senior Bailey McBride tore her meniscus as a freshman, and the left knee has given her occassional problems ever since.
During the third quarter of Thursday’s Class A quarterfinal 33-27 win over Seiling, McBride fell to the floor, clutching the left knee.
McBride left the game, was looked at by the team doctor and returned when it was determined that she had hyperextended it.
“When it happened, I was scared,” said McBride, who finished with 3 points. “But I calmed down a little bit and realized that if I want to win the gold ball, I have to get through it.”
KIOWA’S ARMSTRONG HURTS KNEE, CARRIED OFF COURT
Kiowa junior Jordan Armstrong, who entered the state tournament averaging 7 points and 7 rebounds per game, had to be carried off the court late in the second half of Thursday’s 52-48 loss to Frontier after suffering what coach Wade Daniel said was a hyperextended knee.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20835Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17666Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12055Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9067Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8577Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8462Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8039Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4986Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4489Woman arrested on complaint of offering to engage in act of prostitution in Midwest City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients