Enid to hire Yukon defensive coordinator Steve Chard
Enid is expected to hire Yukon defensive coordinator Steve Chard as its new head coach, sources confirmed to The Oklahoman.
The Enid School Board called a special board meeting for 12:15 p.m. Thursday, with the vote to approve or disapporove the hiring of a football coach listed on the agenda.
Chard has been the Yukon defensive coordinator the last three seasons, helping the Millers to three consecutive playoff appearances.
Chard’s move to Enid, which was first reported by the Oklahoma High School Sports Express, will be his second head coaching job. He was the head coach at Chickasha from 2005-08. Before that, he spent four seasons as the defensive coordinator at Owasso, and also worked as the defensive coordinator and assistant head coach at Deer Creek, where he helped the Antlers to the 2000 Class 3A state championship.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21736Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17602Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12531Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9970Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9708Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9584Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7184Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 7150OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6514Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 5059Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients