Class 2A girls' basketball state tournament qualifiers
Here is the Class 2A girls’ basketball state tournament field.
No. 1 Snyder (22-3): Cyclones, the defending champions, were upset by Thomas in area final but bounced back to clinch state berth Saturday.
No. 2 Northeast (24-2): Junior T’ona Edwards leads Northeast, which earned state berth in coach Londaryl Perry’s first season at the helm.
No. 3 Oktaha (29-0): Coach Chester Pittman seeks his third state championship in his 23 years as Oktaha coach.
No. 4 Amber-Pocasset (29-1): Panthers were unbeaten until area final loss to Oktaha, but rebounded with win Saturday for state berth.
No. 5 Tonkawa (27-1): Suffered first setback of the season in area final loss to Colcord, but beat Dale on a buzzer-beater Saturday to advance.
No. 6 Fairview (26-2): A semifinal team last season, Fairview hopes to win its first state title since 1974.
No. 7 Thomas (23-2): A semifinal team last year, Thomas seeks its seventh-ever state title. The Terriers upset No. 1 Snyder in Friday’s area final.
No. 13 Colcord (18-6): Improvement throughout the season is shown by win over Adair on Feb. 10. Colcord opened the year with 33-point loss at Adair.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 371Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 366Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 314OKC Thunder: Thunder stuck with worst-case scenario
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients