Girls basketball state championship game picks
Here are my predictions for Saturday’s Class 2A-6A championship games, which will be played at the Mabee Center in Tulsa and State Fair Arena in Oklahoma City.
EDMOND SANTA FE VS. EDMOND MEMORIAL, 1:45 P.M.
Jason’s pick: Edmond Santa Fe
I honestly wouldn’t be completely shocked if Edmond Memorial pulled this one off. The Bulldogs are playing at a high level right now, but after the way Courtney Walker and the Wolves came back in the semifinal win over Midwest City, it’s impossible for me to pick against Santa Fe.
SHAWNEE VS. TULSA EAST CENTRAL, 6 P.M.
Jason’s pick: Shawnee
After watching the beginning of Tulsa East Central’s semifinal win over McAlester, I really thought the Cardinals had what it takes to beat the Wolves. But then, leading scorer and rebounder Bria Pitts tore her ACL. In all likelihood, I would have picked Shawnee either way, but I definitely have to pick the Wolves now. Shawnee finishes up an unbeaten season and wins its first-ever girls’ basketball state title in a close one.
ANADARKO VS. FORT GIBSON, 12:15 P.M.
Jason’s pick: Anadarko
Lakota Beatty is not only one of the state’s top juniors, but one of Oklahoma’s best players. Now that Anadarko finally got past Vinita, I expect the Warriors to take down the defending champions.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10394Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9157Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5761Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4888Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4371Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4162How to help tornado victims
- 4108Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4097OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4009Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 3995Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients