Carl Albert's LaValley homers four times Monday
BY RYAN ABER
Carl Albert’s Gavin LaValley had a big day at the plate Monday.
The sophomore homered three times in a 15-4 win over Chickasha, then belted another in his first at bat against Shawnee in the nightcap.
The Titans dropped the second game 3-1.
LaValley had five RBIs in the opening win, while Taylor Hawkins and Alex Polston also added home runs.
Shawnee’s Tim Perkins limited the damage after LaValley’s second-inning home run tied the game 1-1. Perkins went the distance and the Wolves scored two in the fifth to pull out the win.
The loss was No. 3 Carl Albert’s first of the season. No. 4 Shawnee is 7-4.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 1406Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 954Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 936Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients