John Jensen removed as Putnam City West's football coach
John Jensen’s tenure as Putnam City West’s football coach ended this week after five seasons.
Jensen said will stay on as the school’s athletic director going forward. Jensen’s teams went 3-47, though the program routinely grew in numbers and support over his five years.
But ultimately, it wasn’t enough.
“They wanted to go a different direction. They want to win games,” Jensen said. “I think we all want to win games, and we all want what’s best for Putnam City West football. If that means finding a new coach, then that’s what needs to be done.”
A press release issued by the school district was to the same effect.
“Putnam City West principal Buster Meeks says Jensen’s sincere desire to improve students’ lives and strengthen the school have been important, but that new direction is necessary to move the football program forward,” the release said.
Meeks will accept applications through April 30, with the hope of filling the position by early May. The application process can be handled online at www.putnamcityschools.org/jobs.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients