Girls soccer: Two-time defending champion Edmond North coming together
Edmond North’s girls soccer team, which has won two straight Class 6A state titles, has won four straight matches to open district play entering Tuesday’s contest at Yukon.
North is playing without senior midfielder Britani Soesbee, a USAO signee who is injured and will be out another couple weeks, Flanders said.
Thursday, the Huskies will head to Kansas City, Mo., to play in the Heart of America Classic, which will feature several top teams from eight different states.
“It will be a great bonding experience,” said Edmond North coach Theresa Flanders. “It comes at the right time — in the middle of district, right as we’re trying to start peaking. It’s a great time for coaches and players to come together.”
Edmond North opens Thursday at 6:45 against Ray-Pec (Peculiar, Mo).
The Huskies are one of six Oklahoma teams competing in the Classic, along with Norman North, Deer Creek, Jenks, Tulsa Bishop Kelley and Tulsa Union.
Deer Creek opens Thursday at 4:45 p.m. against Lee’s Summit (Mo.), while Norman North begins Friday at 3:45 p.m. against Lee’s Summit West.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 87014Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 81959Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34908Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 32757Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 16053Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 13176Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 10447Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 8973Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 8697Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7832Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients