Pete Papahronis moving from boys to girls basketball at Guthrie
BY RYAN ABER
Pete Papahronis, who coached Guthrie to back-to-back boys state championships in 2008 and 2009, is moving over to coach girls basketball at the school.
Guthrie will start a search for a new boys coach immediately, a release form the school said.
The boys went 17-11 this season, making the semifinals of the 5A tournament.
Papahronis coached Guthrie’s boys for nine seasons, leading the Bluejays to five state tournament appearances.
Papahronis takes over for Terry Carris, who resigned earlier this year after five years in his latest stint at Guthrie.
Carris had taken the Bluejays to the 1985 and 1986 state tournaments during his first stint at Guthrie.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 63590Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38050Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 34916Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13810Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12686Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients