Girls soccer: Deer Creek, fresh off tough tournament, hosts Carl Albert on Tuesday
EDMOND — Deer Creek’s girls’ soccer team learned a lot about itself in a humbling out-of-state tournament appearance last weekend.
The Antlers, who host Carl Albert on Tuesday, lost all three of their games at the Heart of America Classic in Kansas City, Mo., but senior Madison Smith said the games were good for her team.
“I thought we did good for the most part against the teams we played,” Smith said.
The tournament features several of the top girls’ soccer teams in middle America. For Deer Creek, it was a chance to play tougher competition.
The Antlers entered the tournament having won each of its last three games 10-0.
“(We learned) the levels of experience on the team,” Smith said. “There’s some pretty wide gaps; we have some freshmen trying to step into important roles.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients