Football: Prague coach Kyle Fridrich resigns; assistant Dan Maly promoted
PRAGUE — Coach Kyle Fridrich has resigned as head football coach at Prague after just one season, and assistant head coach Dan Maly has been promoted, superintendent Rick Martin said.
Prague was 7-4 in its only season under the 27-year old Fridrich, who was defensive coordinator at Tulsa Union under his cousin, Kirk, before taking the Prague job.
Fridrich was a standout player for the Red Devils, graduating in 2003. His departure is for personal reasons, Martin said.
Maly has been an assistant at Prague for three seasons. Before that, he was a head coach at Chisholm and Keota.
“He’s done a great job for us, and we felt like he provided the most consistency,” Martin said. “He’s very capable.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients