Football: Stillwater's Jesse Vester will likely begin college career at NEO
STILLWATER — I ran into Jesse Vester at the Oklahoma State spring game Saturday. Vester, a standout receiver from Stillwater High School, double signed with OSU and Northeastern Oklahoma A&M on signing day back in February.
Vester was still working on getting qualified academically in February, and he told me Saturday that he hasn’t quite gotten there yet.
He said he’s close to qualifying, but will in all likelihood begin his college career at NEO, stay there a semester and join the Cowboys next spring.
Vester (5-foot-10, 180 pounds), the kick returner on The Oklahoman‘s All-State team, scored 15 touchdowns and had 1,125 receiving yards as a senior.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients