Boys track: Magnus Scott nearing college decision after weekend visit to Arkansas
Coyle athlete Magnus Scott is nearing a decision on where he’ll run track in college after a weekend visit to Arkansas.
Scott said Sunday that he will soon choose between Arkansas and Kansas State.
“It was good,” Scott said of his visit to Fayetteville. “They really want me. I’m going to go home, talk to my parents about it and go from there.”
Scott also has interest in playing football wherever he goes to college, and said Arkansas coaches were much more open to that than Kansas State’s were.
“He said if I really wanted to play, he didn’t mind,” Scott said, while adding that until Arkansas hires a football coach to replace Bobby Petrino, he won’t know for sure if it’s possible.
As a senior on the gridiron, Scott accounted for 35 total touchdowns as Coyle made the playoffs for the first time in school history. Scott rushed for 1,923 yards and averaged nearly 13 yards per carry.
Arkansas is a traditional power in track, and isn’t too far from Scott’s home. Both of those factors will play into his decision, he said.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 51863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14915Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9511Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7474Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6783Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6733Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6649Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6166How to help tornado victims
- 6095Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients