Boys basketball: Edmond Santa Fe, Edmond North set to hire coaches
EDMOND — Edmond Public Schools will recommend the hiring of boys basketball coaches for Edmond Santa Fe and Edmond North to the school board Tuesday morning, district athletic director Mike Nunley said.
Edmond Santa Fe is hiring its third-ever boys basketball coach after Shawn Schenk was dismissed in late March.
Schenk was Santa Fe’s coach for six seasons. Last month, the Wolves advanced to the 6A semifinals.
Bishop McGuinness coach Tondrell Durham, Douglass’ Terry Long and Mount St. Mary’s Lenny Hatchett have all been mentioned by sources as candidates for the Edmond Santa Fe job.
Durham’s Irish squad won the Class 5A state championship last month. It was Durham’s fifth title with the school since he became coach in 2001.
Long won his third consecutive 4A title last month at Douglass, while Hatchett has been Mount St. Mary’s coach since 2004.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18441Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17118OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13848Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11264Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9500Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7869Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7538Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7363Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7128Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6380Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients