Girls basketball: Oral Roberts news affects Shawnee's Taylor Cooper
There’s lots of news coming out about Oral Roberts’ womens basketball program today.
First, a source confirmed that coach Jerry Finkbeiner, who has been with the program since 1996, will be introduced as Utah State’s next coach at an 11 a.m. press conference Thursday.
Finkbeiner won three straight NAIA national titles from 1994-96 at Southern Nazarene in Bethany. The news of his departure was first reported by the Tulsa World late Tuesday.
Also breaking Wednesday was that sophomore Jenni Bryan will transfer from Oklahoma State to ORU. Bryan, from Coweta, was granted a release by the Cowgirls, coach Jim Littell said in a text, and a source confirmed she’d join the Golden Eagles.
One of the folks in the Oklahoma City area most directly impacted by all of this is Shawnee senior forward Taylor Cooper, who signed with ORU in November.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients