Norman boys basketball coach Jeff McCullough steps down to return to Texas
Jeff McCullough wasn’t looking to leave Norman. But an opportunity presented itself, and he couldn’t pass it up.
McCullough has stepped down as Norman’s boys basketball coach to accept the same position in Allen, Texas, located just northeast of Dallas.
“Someone told me it’s the third-largest school in Texas,” McCullough said. “It’s a good program and a good community, and it gets us back closer to family.”
McCullough came to Norman from his hometown of Sherman, Texas, where he coached current OU player Cameron Clark. McCullough took over a program on hard times, coming off a 4-22 season, but led them to double-digit win totals in each of his two seasons. The Tigers were 14-10 this year.
“I wasn’t trying to leave Norman,” McCullough said. “I’ve been really happy with the direction of the program, and I was excited about the team that’s coming back next year.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients