Deer Creek's Michael Fulmer: 'I've never experienced anything like that in my life.'
Deer Creek’s Michael Fulmer was busy making the rounds after being selected with the 44th pick of the MLB Draft by the New York Mets.
Was able to get in touch with him recently and here are some of the nuggets.
On the last hour:
“This has been unbelievable. I’ve never experienced anything like that in my life. This is a dream come true.”
On the night’s event:
“We had a big watch party with more than 100 people. We had the entire baseball team and all the families. I want to thank them for all their support and their contributions to my success.”
On when the Mets first contacted him:
“They called around the end of the first round. My agent got back to me and said if I was still around, the Mets were thinking about taking me with the 44th pick.”
On the moment of hearing his name:
“We got the call from the Mets area scout. My eyes lit up. I didn’t say a word to anybody. And then when they said my name the whole place just exploded. It was the happiest moment of my life.”
On other interested teams:
“From my understanding, the Rangers gave a call to my agent. The Rays were the team I thought. They had a lot of picks, and we had a great relationship with their area scout. They made a lot of great picks tonight, too. Right now, I’m just happy to be a Met. They’ve been in contact with me throughout the season, and I just kind of had that gut feeling.”
Robert Przybylo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26920Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17660Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8676UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8213Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8153OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8000Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7952Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6297Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5734Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5128Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients