Douglass PG Stephen Clark plans visits to OSU, UCLA; no decision on future yet
Douglass junior basketball player Stephen Clark says he feels like he’s “a lot closer” to making a decision about his future, whether he will stay at Douglass or reclassify to graduate early and begin his college career.
The star point guard is in the process of completing the necessary courses to be able to graduate early, and he has scheduled visits to Oklahoma State and UCLA, though he is looking at other schools as well, should he decide to reclassify into the class of 2012. Connecticut, Missouri and Florida State have also been among colleges Clark has considered.
However, Wednesday’s news that former Douglass coach Phil Ingersoll is expected to come out of retirement to coach the Trojans could play a part in the decision.
Ingersoll has occasionally visited Douglass practices and games over the years. He was the head coach for Terry Long, who led the Trojans to three straight 4A titles with Clark as his leading scorer. Long left to take the head coaching job at Mustang last month. Clark and Ingersoll also attend the same church.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients