Kevin Durant mentors Douglass HS in upcoming MTV show
Last basketball season was a special one for the Douglass Trojans in more ways than one.
Not only did they win their third straight Class 4A state championship, they were followed for parts of the season by an MTV camera crew working on a documentary called “Nothing But Net,” which goes inside the lives of players at Douglass and New York City’s Wadleigh High School in Harlem.
As part of the show, Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant visited Douglass to mentor the students and discuss his path to the NBA.
“He let us know what we need to be doing and the choices we need to make to get where he is,” said Douglass point guard Stephen Clark. “He told us about eating right and going to bed at night.
“It was a great experience. Being part of what we got to do has really been a blessing, and that was a big part of it.”
Clark and his teammates were given some all-black Nike Kevin Durant shoes as well.
Tyson Chandler of the New York Knicks served as a mentor at Wadleigh.
“Nothing but Net” will air as a two-part series at noon Sunday and June 17 on MTV2.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 60552Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32931Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 31925Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 12639Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8214Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5947Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3659Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 3421Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3336George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3296OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients