Deer Creek wins Kansas State 7-on-7 tournament
EDMOND — Deer Creek traveled to Manhattan, Kan., last weekend for its first appearance in Kansas State’s 7-on-7 tournament and won the whole thing.
The Antlers finished 9-1 over the weekend, beating Salina South (Kan.) 27-7 in the finals. The tournament featured teams from several states.
One team of note that Deer Creek topped in pool play, Valor Christian (Colo)., features Oklahoma State quarterback commit Luke Del Rio, the son of former Jacksonville Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio.
In the quarterfinals, Deer Creek beat fellow Oklahoma team Heritage Hall 35-21. In the semifinals, the Antlers topped Lincoln Southwest (Neb.) 45-21.
The Antlers were 7-4 last season and return many talented seniors this season. Quarterback Joel Blumenthal established himself as one of Class 5A’s top passers last season and receiver Jared Rayburn, the son of former Sooner Tony Rayburn, is a speedy deep threat.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients