Soccer: Norman North's boys No. 1 in final ESPN rankings
NORMAN — Norman North’s boys soccer team was No. 1 in Oklahoma’s Class 6A after it beat Tulsa Union for the state title.
And Tuesday, the Timberwolves were proclaimed No. 1 in the nation among the spring-soccer states. North is the top team in ESPN’s final 2012 POWERADE FAB 50 Boys’ Soccer Spring Rankings.
Norman North was unranked in the preseason and didn’t make an appearance in the rankings until Week 3, when they debuted at No. 26.
Senior Brandon Little Axe, who has signed with Oklahoma Christian, was The Oklahoman‘s All-City Boys Soccer Player of the Year after leading the Timberwolves with 22 goals. He scored both of the team’s goals in their title-game win.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24939Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15605Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9621UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8603Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7447Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6907Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 6484Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6322OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6156Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5797Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients