Centennial's historic run tops other memorable moments
Same thing happens every year I’ve done my top moments of the year. Obviously I’ve left out great moments because if I wasn’t there to see them, there is no way I can accurately describe what I felt during that moment.
But perhaps you were. And as the slew of moments keep either getting commented on or being emailed to me, gonna go ahead and announce that the ‘best of the Varsity readers moments’ blog is is going to run Friday.
So what made you stand up and go nuts? Perhaps it was the Douglass double in football and basketball. While the boys basketball team was expected to make another championship run, the Trojans football team left no doubt about how great they were last year.
Nobody had a tougher road to the 4A title game, and it all culminated with the overtime victory against Wagoner.
Or just when you think the Backyard Bowl cannot get any better, Jenks and Union put on an absolute classic of a 6A final. That might end up being the greatest moment of Christian Hood’s life, and I think that would be OK. Being a part of that moment in a 50-47 victory…against your rival…for the title…yea, that’s nice. Hood should have a successful career at Central Oklahoma.
Or maybe you’re a fan of firsts. And there arguably wasn’t a bigger first in the state than the Centennial boys winning its first state championship of any kind. And of course, gotta tag coach Scott Raper shaving his head as part of the deal.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 34667Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 26962Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6958OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6745Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4485OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4208Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3679College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3494Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3437Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3281Oklahoma softball: Keilani Ricketts and Sooners beat the heat as they hold off Arkansas
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients