Stephen Clark's mother says decision on next year hasn't been finalized
The only thing that appears to be certain about Stephen Clark’s basketball or educational futures is that nothing is certain yet.
Reports surfaced on Friday that the Douglass High School basketball standout was not going to graduate early and would stay in high school for his senior year. But his mother, Dorshell Clark, told The Oklahoman on Saturday night that the decision “hasn’t been finalized.”
“He’s still going to go out to UCLA on Monday for a visit,” she said. “I talked to the coach at Virginia this weekend. We might be going to Stanford at some point. We haven’t said aye or nay on this right now.”
Part of the holdup continues to revolve around the vacant head coaching position at Douglass. Phil Ingersoll accepted an offer to take the job, but had the offer rescinded four days later. Now the school is once again looking for the person who will replace Terry Long, who left to take the head job at Mustang last month.
The whole situation seems to remain unsettled, and it’s unclear when that might change.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients