Kingfisher's Landon Nault ready for bigger role
Poor Kingfisher football coach Jeff Myers. For the first time in what feels like forever he has to ‘actually’ make a quarterback decision.
I kid, but it is true. With Derek Patterson graduating and signing with Tulsa, the quarterback race is wide open. Myers said there are a couple of good candidates. And though I prodded him to let loose the names, he decided to not put any pressure on the two boys just yet.
One person there will be pressure on? Running back Landon Nault. Hey, he’s a victim of his own success. When you’re a freshman and run for 1,345 yards and 20 touchdowns, well, the cat’s out of the bag.
In my head I’m thinking Nault will play a bigger role, but defenses will be ready to key in on him and Nault should fall just a tad this year.
Myers doesn’t quite share that same sentiment. Biggest reason? He likes his offensive line.
“Our offensive line might be even better than last year,” Myers said. Hmm, that would explain the confidence.
I was very impressed with the maturity of Landon Nault last year. Went into the season expecting to write about Logan Nault all year. Logan was mentioned a lot, but Landon became a star on the rise.
That district didn’t get any easier, though, so it will be interesting to see if Yellowjackets can do it one more time and make another long playoff run.
Robert Przybylo, email@example.com
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 37007Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32519Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 27986Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 8311Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6200OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3643College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3643Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3356Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3265Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3234George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients