Anadarko's Lakota Beatty commits to Oklahoma State
BY JACOB UNRUH
Anadarko guard Lakota Beatty verbally committed to play college basketball at Oklahoma State on Sunday, the Lawton Constitution reports.
Beatty, a member of The Oklahoman Super Five, averaged 18.6 points and five rebounds per game as a junior and led the Warriors to the Class 4A state championship.
Committing now allows the senior-to-be to focus on next season.
“It’s a big stress reliever,” Beatty told the Lawton Constitution. “I can just go into my senior year, focus on basketball, and getting back and winning state again.”
Beatty chose the Cowgirls over Oral Roberts, Tulsa and Arkansas. Fresno State also showed interest.
Her verbal commitment is nonbinding.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients