Heritage Hall's Barry J. Sanders content with playing waiting game
Heritage Hall running back Barry J. Sanders was at Florida State earlier this week for a camp, but he said that it is not an indicator that he is closer to committing.
Sanders, who has said in the past he wants to wait before committing, stood by that stance Thursday.
“I’m not going to rush into any thing,” Sanders said. “Right now I’m just taking a couple of visits before I narrow it down.”
Sanders said he plans on naming a top five when the school year begins and those five schools will be where he makes his official visits.
Sanders named Oklahoma State, Alabama, Florida State and UCLA as his four favorites last year. Stanford has also become one of his favorites.
Though Sanders was at FSU for the second time, he didn’t work out. He said he is not 100 percent recovered from foot surgery in the winter.
“I’m close. Definitely. I would say in the 90s (percent), but I’m not there, and I don’t want to risk anything,” Sanders said.
Sanders, a four-star prospect, has offers from more than 15 schools, including Tennessee, Auburn and Notre Dame, to go with his top four schools and other universities.
Robert Przybylo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15647OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 15447Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10056'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 9335Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 8950Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7906Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 7604Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7402Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7043Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7042Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients