Super 30: Markus Wakefield's IQ is his biggest asset
He’s certainly not the fastest Heritage Hall player. He’s not the biggest. But if you ask me, there isn’t a smarter Charger than lineman Markus Wakefield. His dedication to film and to scouting reports really started to show up during this past season.
Will intelligence be the thing that grabs colleges’ eyes? Not sure, but if someone takes a chance on Wakefield, they’re not taking a risk in the character department.
Wakefield first stood out to me before his sophomore season. Unfortunately for Wakefield, his story is all too familiar. He was a big boy going into his sophomore year. Now going into his senior? Well, he’s pretty much that same big boy.
Put Wakefield in that same spot as Guthrie’s Landry Chappell, Midwest City’s Zeke Lewis, Millwood’s Marc Robinson and Connor Myers of Edmond Memorial from last year. ‘Two inches taller’ and they’d be breaking down his door.
Wakefield does have an offer from Colorado State, and he should pick up at least a couple of more. When talking about Wakefield, also have to mention his quick feet. He has tremendous footwork for a big man.
He’s the first Heritage Hall player to make the Super 30. Obviously he won’t be the last. And if you love quarterbacks, well, you’re going to enjoy the next couple of days of the Super 30.
And for my story on Wakefield, go here.
Robert Przybylo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 83313Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 56374Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33323Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 23846Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 23231Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8483Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8265Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 8253Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 7999Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7772Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients