Super 30: Midwest City's Ronnie Davis' time is now
A good coach will get in your ear early about some of his top kids. Well, it’s tough to top the efforts of Midwest City assistant coach Jason Sexton.
He’ll take every opportunity he can to just let you know how things are going. But nine times out of 10, Sexton has been 100 percent. So with that type of track record, you start to not brush him off and start to really pay attention when he says something.
That means we’re blaming Sexton if Ronnie Davis doesn’t pan out. I kid (100 percent), but Davis could be one of the more scrutinized choices of the Super 30 at No. 20.
His numbers don’t place him anywhere near the list. But as I’ve stated and will continue to state to email complaints, this isn’t about who the best high school player is. This list is about how the kids are being perceived on the recruiting trail.
And right now, yea, Davis’ stock is rising. He’s got great size as a defensive back, but things might get more interesting if coach Steve Huff believes Davis would best represent the team at quarterback.
No matter where he’s at, Davis is simply grateful to finally getting that chance. And if he does play in the secondary with Ricky Reeves, all I’m going to say is look out. That might be the best corner duo in the state right there.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17897Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15383Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11506Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11200'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10732Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9276OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8256Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6910Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6624Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6479Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients