Deer Creek's Caroline Goodin wins state junior championship
Deer Creek senior-to-be Caroline Goodin shot a final-round 71 to hold on for a three-stroke victory in the Women’s Oklahoma Golf Association Girls Junior Championship Tuesday at Willow Creek Country Club.
Goodin opened the 36-hole tournament with a round of 72 to lead by two shots and matched the best round of the event with her 71 on the final day for a 143 total.
Four-time state champion Megan Blonien of Altus, an Oklahoma State signee, and Hinton’s Maci Arrington tied for second with a 146 total.
Goodin was Deer Creek’s top finisher at the Class 5A state tournament in May, coming in fifth to help the Antlers to a third-place team finish.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17205Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9411Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9383Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6982Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6824Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6294Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6021UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6010Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients