Former Mustang standout Karson Bizzell signs with Tulsa
Her two-year stint at Redlands Community College paid off just the way Karson Bizzell hoped it would — or maybe even better.
Bizzell went to Redlands hoping it would propel her to an NCAA Division I program, and she got to be part of a national championship as well.
Bizzell helped the Cougars to the NJCAA team national championship with a 49-stroke win in May, and now, she’ll get that Division I opportunity.
Bizzell signed with the Tulsa University golf team this week. She finished tied for 18th individually at the national tournament to conclude her two-year stint at Redlands. Her former Mustang teammate, June Tigert, will be following in her footsteps at Redlands in the fall as well.
Bizzell was a three-sport star in high school, in one of the more unique three-sport combinations you’ll see. Here’s a feature I wrote about her in the spring of 2010.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21059Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6693OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5627Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4676Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4297Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4215Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3462Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3297Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients