Please allow me to introduce myself
By Jason Kersey
Hello high school sports fans! I’m happy to be joining The Oklahoman’s Varsity team.
I have worked at The Oklahoman since November 2006, serving in various roles. Most recently, I coordinated our coverage of the Oklahoma City Thunder and worked on the copy desk. I also spent some time covering high schools back in 2007.
I am a proud graduate of and former football player at Noble High School. I graduated from the University of Oklahoma with a bachelor’s degree in journalism in 2009, and now live in Oklahoma City.
There’s nothing quite like high school sports, especially Friday night football. The pageantry, the emotion, the school spirit. I can’t wait to be out there among you watching great football when the season starts.
The Oklahoman has a proud tradition of quality high school sports coverage, and I’m excited to add to it. So, Varsity fans, please follow me on Twitter (@jasonkersey), shoot me an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or leave comments on this blog. If you have story ideas, I want to hear them. Or if you just want to talk high school sports, that’s great, too. I’m looking forward to great conversation and interaction with all of you.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients