Del City will stay in Class 5A based on OSSAA's latest ADM numbers
Del City basketball coaches must’ve been rejoicing on Thursday, when the OSSAA released the Average Daily Membership numbers that will be used to set the classes for most high school sports in the 2012-13 school year. Here’s the full ADM list.
Del City is the largest school in Class 5A, ranking 33rd-largest in the state, with an average attendance of 1,254.20. Tulsa Hale moved into the top 32 schools and will jump from 5A to 6A, swapping spots with Tulsa Edison. Piedmont moved up from 4A to 5A for basketball and other sports that reclassify yearly, switching with Tulsa Central.
Broken Arrow remains the largest school in the state with an average attendance of 4,588.21, while Tulsa Union is second with 4,237.14.
Mustang is fifth overall, and the largest school on the west side of the state at 2,473.48.
Sports that use a two-year district rotation, like football, are not impacted by the current numbers, having used last year’s ADM to set districts for the coming season, as well as the 2013-14.
In other noteworthy changes, Deer Creek continues to climb in attendance, now among the top 10 Class 5A schools. Yukon saw a jump of nearly 200 students with the move to its new campus last year, and ranks eighth-largest in the state.
Douglass saw its attendance drop by 17 students, moving it out of the top 96. That has little impact on the upcoming year, but if it remains in that position a year from now, the Trojans will drop to 3A in football for the next redistricting cycle.
Official classes for the sports that reclassify yearly will be determined next week during the Oklahoma Coaches Association clinic in Tulsa.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36331Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15449Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9864Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9824Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9353Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7992Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7895Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7342Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6304Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6142UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients