Edmond Memorial's Taylor Moore, OSU's Talor Gooch among qualifiers for US Amateur
Edmond Memorial golfer Taylor Moore chose not to play in the All-State tournament on Monday, but he made the decision pay off.
Moore qualified for the US Amateur on Monday, winning a three-man playoff for the third and final qualifying spot at Cedar Ridge Country Club in Broken Arrow.
He joined former Tulsa University player Stephen Carney and Oklahoma State’s Talor Gooch, a former Carl Albert star, as qualifiers for the event, which will be held Aug. 13-19 at Cheery Hills Country Club outside Denver.
Carney, a Tulsa Union product, was the medalist with a 137 total (69-68), and Gooch was second at 140 (72-68). Moore, who will be a freshman at Arkansas next month, shot 141 (71-70) to tie for third. He had back-to-back pars to win the two-hole playoff over Danny Funk and Jeff Coffman.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15818Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15704Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11547Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11243'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10839Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9666OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7447Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6917Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6738Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6691Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients