UPDATE: Edmond athletics hit hard by thunderstorm
I just talked to Edmond Public Schools athletic director Mike Nunley again, and after visiting other Edmond schools he has a rough estimate of $50,000 in damages to sports facilities in the district.
An estimated $30,000 of the damages are at Edmond North High School. Much of the damage is from wind screens, which Nunley called “super expensive,” at the tennis courts being destroyed. Wind screens at Edmond North, Edmond Santa Fe High School and four of the five middle schools were destroyed.
Edmond Memorial High School appears to have sustained no damage to its sports facilities.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 21842Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 19892Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
- 7794Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients