Star Spencer leaning on experienced seniors
Kenneth Davis was a starting linebacker for Star Spencer as a freshman in 2009.
That year, the Bobcats were Class 4A state champions. It seems like a long time ago, after two difficult seasons trying to rebuild.
But Davis and the other seniors are trying to lead this year’s squad back to its winning ways, reminding the younger players of just what’s possible at Star. It helps that the seniors are playing for the same coach, James Harding, for the second year — the first time during their careers.
“We’ve got newcomers every year, and I try to help them be in the position I was, to start as a freshman,” said Davis, a 5-foot-11, 205-pound linebacker. “I just try to do what I can to help the team.
“The last two years have been tough. We just have to keep going, keep getting better. We’ve got to put it all together to go win games and get back where we used to be.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients