John Robert Simon at the helm for Putnam City North
The OSSAA board meeting on Wednesday and the thunderstorm on Thursday morning kind of got me off track in making the rounds to all the West Metro and OKC football practices I wanted to hit, and one of the victims was Putnam City North (I’ll be there next week, Panthers).
But I got a chance to visit with coach Bob Wilson on the phone and he sounds pleased with his team’s performance over the first few days of camp.
One crucial position over the next two weeks for the Panthers will be the development of their new quarterback.
Jace James graduated, and Joe Summers decided to focus on basketball, so that opened the door for a new starter.
Junior John Robert Simon has stepped in to fill the void for an offense with only a few returning starters.
“Right now, it looks like he’s the guy,” coach Bob Wilson said. “Alex Clark is backing him up. He’s a capable and athletic kid. J.R. is a good athlete who started for the basketball team as a sophomore and has a chance to be a good player.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 71664Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31265Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 29267Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 20588Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6679Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6629Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6010Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 5747Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 5482Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 5176Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients