Edmond North's Sam Humphreys, Deer Creek's Emily Folsom earn OJGT wins
Edmond North junior Sam Humphreys made a strong impression in his first Oklahoma Junior Golf Tour event of the season, opening with a round of 63 on his way to winning the Trosper Challenge on Sunday.
Humphreys’ second-round 72 was good for a 5-under-par 135 total and just enough to hold off a fierce rally from Weatherford’s Quade Cummins (136) and Edmond Santa Fe’s Drew Ison (137).
Humphreys’ 63 included a stretch in which he was 6 under par over five holes, with four straight birdies and an eagle on Nos. 8-12.
In the girls’ tournament, Deer Creek’s Emily Folsom shot a final-round 67 for a 141 total to come from behind for a two-stroke win over Antler teammate Caroline Goodin.
Reigning Class 6A champion Allison Sell of Edmond North and Durant’s Sydney Youngblood tied for third at 149.
Folsom closed her round with birdies on the 15th and 16th holes to seal the win.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8171OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6350Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6186Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6108OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4747Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4683Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3723Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 3514Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3353As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients