Edmond Memorial having more fun on the football field
Edmond Memorial coach Justin Merideth didn’t know what to expect from his team when they showed up for spring practice in May, just a few months removed from a frustrating 3-7 season.
But he was pleased to see his team arrive with a positive attitude for what was ahead, and the mood has only gotten better through summer and into preseason practices.
“I’m extremely proud of their attitudes,” Merideth said. “It’s as good as it has ever been as long as I’ve been here.
“They’re working hard, very positive. They want to get better and be successful. It’s been as much fun as you can have at preseason practices as you can possible have.”
The Bulldogs will rely on the leadership of players like left tackle Lucas Gerdes and defensive back Sam Kreutzer, who are among the team’s returning starters.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15818Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15704Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11547Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11243'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10839Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9666OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7447Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6917Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6738Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6691Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients