New coach Tucker Barnard feels at home in Stillwater
New Stillwater coach Tucker Barnard is home, and he plans on sticking around.
Barnard, who is from Fairfax and went to college at Oklahoma State, spent the last seven years as defensive coordinator at Shiloh Christian, an Arkansas powerhouse. But coming back to Stillwater was always in the back of his mind.
So when the Pioneers’ head coaching job became available, Barnard applied. And during the application process, he was informed that the new football coach would also be athletic director.
“If I could finish out my career at Stillwater High School, that would be really exciting,” Barnard said. “It’s a great place. We have a great opportunity to win a lot of football games. Being athletic director, all around our athletic programs, we should be right there in the mix with everybody else.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16150OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14605Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10995Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9399Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9121'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8921Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7695Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7584Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7477Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7078Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients