Centennial forges ahead without coach Mark Ryan
Centennial High School faces many of the same challenges of other Oklahoma City schools, but those issues are on the backburner right now.
Head coach Mark Ryan has not been able to coach the team this month because of an illness, leaving assistant Michael Baldwin and a group of volunteer assistants to run practices.
“We’re not well-staffed, but we’ve had some coaches volunteer their services for the sake of the kids,” Baldwin said. “It doesn’t pay money, but they’re out here anyway, and we appreciate all the help we can get.”
Ryan had to step away the week before camp opened on Aug. 9, and there is no timetable for when he could return.
– Scott Wright, email@example.com
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22453Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12179Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10764Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9050Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8838Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8708Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8233Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7793Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7164Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 7066UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients