Sterling Shepard plays QB for Heritage Hall while Quinn Shanbour awaits eligibility
Heritage Hall won’t display the full effect of its first team until Week 1 of the regular season.
Quarterback Quinn Shanbour, who is being recruited by several NCAA Division I schools, is ineligible to scrimmage with the Chargers’ first team because he transferred from Bishop McGuinness before the start of last season, so he worked with the second team during last week’s scrimmage against Holland Hall.
Senior receiver Sterling Shepard, an Oklahoma commit, was the signal caller for the first team.
The same arrangement will be necessary during Thursday’s scrimmage at Oklahoma Christian School.
Shanbour participated in both of McGuinness’ scrimmages last season and transferred before the opener. The OSSAA rule says that Shanbour has to sit out the same number of varsity contests he participated in last year.
Shepard said he will play quarterback some this season, like he did last year, in Wildcat-type formations.
“I hadn’t been practicing it at all,” Shepard said of quarterbacking. “I just went into the scrimmage dry. But I did OK. I completed most of my passes.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 72931Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14541Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8647Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7401How to help tornado victims
- 6540Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6504Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6358Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6112Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5411Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5319Details emerge about memorial service for Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients