Southeast focused on defense, fun
As they try to improve on last year’s three-win season, the Southeast Spartans are working hard on defense, and they’re enjoying themselves while they do it.
With some experienced linemen and linebackers, as well as a speedy secondary, the Spartans will count on the defense to control games, especially early in the season.
Coach Michael Branch’s squad has a pair of returning linebackers, Gumaro Murphy and Ray Douglass, playing behind a defensive line that includes Michael Holder and Miguel Uribe.
“We’ve got a pretty good defense,” Uribe said. “I would say the defense is a little ahead of the offense right now. We have a lot of people with speed and talent.”
And that defense is making for some fun times on the field, says Micah Hunter.
“We’re having a lot more fun this year,” he said. “We’re not just out here practicing. We’re enjoying it. The scrimmage was fun. We were flying around, hitting people in the mouth and everybody had fun with it.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18669Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9301Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7759Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6777UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6417Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6385Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6185Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5448Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients