Dynamic duo debate: Why Sterling Shepard is better
BY RYAN ABER
Barry Sanders or Sterling Shepard?
The answer is easy, yet difficult.
Choose one and either way you get a fantastic player. But the choice is agonizing.
Both are terrific players with terrific bloodlines.
But sometimes tough decisions have to be made.
So I’m going with Sterling Shepard. Sanders might wind up being the better college player (and possibly beyond) of the two. But if I’m starting a high school team and I have the No. 1 pick, I’m going with Shepard.
Coming to the answer was not easy. The reason Shepard wins out in the end, though, is. Versatility.
Need a big-time, game-breaking run? Shepard can deliver. Need a dazzling catch to win a game? He can do that too. Need an arm to throw that pass? Shepard’s got that covered. Need a playmaker to go up and keep the other team’s top receiver from pulling down that pass? By now you’ve figured it out. Shepard can just about do it all.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6362Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6064Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients