Scrimmage preview: Heritage Hall at Oklahoma Christian School
A big scrimmage is tonight in Edmond, as Heritage Hall and all its star power travels to take on Class 2A’s Oklahoma Christian School, which was 4-7 last year but returns lots of younger, but experienced, talent.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR: OCS
Coach Derek Turner’s Saints return 16 starters — including nine on defense — from last year’s squad.
Junior quarterback Austin Brooks (6-foot-4, 190 pounds) is a player to watch for the Saints. He started last year as a sophomore when senior quarterback Jack Warren went down injured and gained good experience.
The OCS receivers took it upon themselves to improve this summer after a dreadful 7-on-7 camp in early June, during which Turner said they “dropped every other pass.” But when the same group arrived for two-a-days, their hands were much improved after hard work all summer with Brooks.
Senior wideout Logan Magill (6-2, 185) had 416 yards and three touchdowns last season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients