Casady taking positives from loss, excited about challenge Heritage Hall presents
Casady senior quarterback and safety Mac Katigan saw a lot of positive in Friday’s season-opening loss, and is excited by his team’s potential.
The Cyclones lost 24-10 to All Saints (Fort Worth, Texas), but went up 10-0 early.
“In the first half, that’s the best I’ve seen us look,” Katigan said. “By coming out strong in that first half, I thought it showed what potential we have for this year. We’ve just got to learn how to finish.”
Another positive? The Cyclones were able to hold All Saints quarterback T.J. Millweard, who has committed to play at Arizona State, to 72 yards and no passing touchdowns.
“We had that as our key, shutting down the passing game,” Katigan said. “Our secondary really stepped up.”
Next week, the Cyclones face defending Class 3A state champion and arch rival Heritage Hall.
“It’s gonna take everything we’ve got,” Katigan said. “Everybody knows that they’re one of the best teams in the state. We’re excited by the challenege. Everybody wants a shot at them. It will be good to see how we match up.”Jason Kersey
Follow me on Twitter @jasonkersey
Friend me on Facebook
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients