Scrimmage win over Jenks a big boost for Edmond Santa Fe
After struggling through a 1-9 season last year, Edmond Santa Fe couldn’t possibly have more momentum heading into Friday’s season opener against Edmond Memorial.
The Wolves beat perennial power Jenks, which has won nine of the last 15 Class 6A state championships, 9-0 at the Jenks Preview on Friday.
“Like I told (the players), let’s don’t pretend it is a full four quarters,” first-year Wolves coach Lance Manning said. “But you go to Jenks and play them 9-0, play physical and with a lot of emotion, and it sure gives you a lot of confidence going into Week 1. We’ve got a long ways to go, but if you’re going to draw it up, that’s the way you want it to go.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 31040Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15616Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10323Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9726Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9655Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8284Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8255Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7508Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7162Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6434UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients