Bridge Creek-Elgin football pushed back to 8 p.m.
BY RYAN ABER
Friday’s season opener between Bridge Creek and Elgin has been pushed back to an 8 p.m. kickoff due to heat concerns. The game will be played at Elgin.
“We talked about it last week and looked at the weather and decided it was the right move to make,” Bridge Creek coach Jerry Wallis said. “It was the best thing we could do for the kids and the best thing we could do for the fans.”
The game isn’t the only one that has been pushed to a later kickoff.
Lawton and Lawton Eisenhower moved their Friday game back to 8 p.m. as well.
As of Monday morning, the forecast for Saturday calls for highs in the mid-90s.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients